Now Diving

Bangalore, India
For all the things I want to say, but don't, normally...

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Shoe-String...

Thin (or a few mm more in diameter), usually black or white, ends tightly wound up with tape, thats where i carry my emotions - On a Shoe-String. Not that I have in-depth knowledge of women and their pysche, I'd say, most women do.

I presume that this phrase was created by some egoistic man, who'd probably want to lace a womans emotions into his shoes. Picture this in black & white - A tall, slick, well built, masculine man with a thin moustache {as thin as a Shoe-String, again} and hair Gelled back into a tiny ponytail; a rather thin, sickly woman in a long dress weeping helplessly in a corner. Well, I'm sure the origin does not matter much, but the essence of him wanting to overpower her and her emotions does.

Sometimes, I convince myself that the shoestring is an inappropriate object to place your emotions on. I end up doing it anyway, as hard as i try not to. If you dissect a Shoe-String you'd probably find 5 thinner strings wound and woven together(There is a possibility that there are more, but those are the complex sort and I'm not going there). I presume, that for a woman these stand for - Love, Trust, Envy, Ambition and Warmth (this is MY list, feel free to add on). This is one awesome combination, take my word for it.

It might take some time for a man to actually unravel the Shoe-String. Both ends are so tightly wound up with tape. Ever wondered why, when the tape on the ends come off, you try so hard to tape it back together before lacing your shoes, and its never the same? The tape always comes undone. I gather that this is symbolic in a weird way.

I carry my heart on a Shoe-String,
Baby, I'd give it to you,
If only you'd make my heart Sing,
Would you give me yours too?

(That was an original composition, pretty darn good i think ;) )


Anyway, I hope that my Shoe-string is given to someone who'd love and respect it with all of his heart. In return, I'd gladly accept his football, mp3 player, Ipod, Ipad, iTouch, basketball or whatever he cares to keep it safe on.

Sigh, romantic post. Comes as part of the weather in Bangalore, I think.

14 comments:

  1. why u hate this.....this is so nice.....That is why I always wear a shoe without a shoe-string

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely one of the reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....i tell you what....if feelings gave way to this then kudos to you!!...a brilliant thought!...i won't use any adjectives that might attribute to the brain since this seems to be a matter of heart...and considering it is as short as shoelace itself, it really is a good read...emanates the feel... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol..nice sis.. And would make sense to most girls - but the guys just wouldn't get it!! You need to uncomplicate it for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why bother uncomplicating it for the men? It wouldn't make any sense to them anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I carry my heart on a Shoe-String,
    Baby, I'd give it to you,
    If only you'd make my heart Sing,
    Would you give me yours too?


    Love it... :) lots....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could make your Heart sing,
    But I got no love left to hide,
    Oh Love, I love, Her love, oh love,
    She took away that side..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woh.

    You've just explained to me why I love wearing my sandals - that thing clings to my feet using a simple velcro.

    No strings attached!

    (I just had to crack that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete